“As someone who was new to the field, I joined AAAM because of the opportunities for mentorship and because of the people that I saw connected to the organization. Over the years, I’ve gained several new colleagues that I can now call on to partner with my site and for counsel when issues arise.”
– Ashley Robertson, Ph.D.
Joining AAAM Offers Countless Benefits
- Quarterly electronic newsletter
- Access to a Members-Only Message Board
- Access to webinars and audio recordings
- Access to information about grants and funding opportunities
- Listings of job openings in the museum field
- Networking and training opportunities
- Eligibility for leadership opportunities in AAAM
- Eligibility to present at the Annual AAAM Conference
- Voting privileges to select AAAM Board Members
Testimonials from AAAM Members
“The Association of African American Museums has allowed me as a Black museum professional to connect with other Black museum professionals and institutions. The resources, networking opportunities, and information shared keeps me abreast of all the current trends and opportunities in the field. I joined AAAM over 15 years ago and I have increased my knowledge, and built strong relationships with other museum professionals in the field that have assisted me in the acceleration of my career as an independent museum professional.”– Jada Wright-Greene
“AAAM is a valuable asset to the museum community, and to the current and future stewards of African and African American history. I joined AAAM to align myself, and my organization, with other institutions that share similar missions to protect and preserve the history of the African Diaspora.”
– Timothy A. Barber
Executive Director, The Black Archives History & Research Foundation of South Florida, Inc.
“When we learn the lessons from our forebears, we inherit the inspiration to rise above the barriers before us.
AAAM and black museums allow us to learn those lessons.”
– Christopher Miller
Manager of Program Initiatives, National Underground Railroad Freedom Center