The Margaret T. G. Burroughs and Charles H. Wright Fellowship
APPLICATIONS DUE: February 15
The Association of African American Museums (AAAM) invites you to apply for one of two fellowships to assist students and emerging museum professionals in attending the Annual AAAM Conference. The Margaret T. G. Burroughs and Charles H. Wright Fellowship honors the founders of the Association of African American Museums by recognizing emerging museum professionals demonstrating excellence in interpretation and preservation of African American and African diaspora history, art, and culture.
Two awards are granted for top applicants – one senior-level undergraduate or graduate student, and one first year museum professional.
Applicants are to submit an essay outlining their contributions to the African American and/or African diaspora museum field. Burroughs-Wright Fellowship recipients receive:
- Full Conference Registration
- Hotel Accommodations
- Flight to the Conference (New Addition)
- Two-Year Membership (New Addition – In previous years, the fellows received one year of membership)
- Mentorship Assigned throughout the two years of membership (New Addition)
- Acknowledgement in the program booklet
- Certificate acknowledging selection as fellows (New Addition)
LEARN MORE ABOUT MARGARET BURROUGHS AND CHARLES WRIGHT HERE.