Founded in 1978, the Association of African American Museums (AAAM) is a non-profit
member organization established to support African and African American focused museums
both nationally and internationally, as well as the professionals who protect, preserve and
interpret African and African American art, history, and culture. Established as the single
representative and principal voice of the African American museum movement, the Association
seeks to strengthen and advocate for the interests of institutions and individuals committed to the
preservation of African-derived cultures.
POSITION: Program Coordinator
Type: Full Time
Open Until: Open Until Filled
Salary: $50,000 (including benefits)
Description: Reports to the Executive Director. The Program Coordinator is a minimum of full time for four years with responsibility for implementing the programmatic portions of a grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Establish a solid working relationship with all members of the project’s Working Groups;
- Assist Working Groups in their research, planning and implementation of programs;
- Schedule meetings and manage communications;
- Arrange or manage speakers/presenters, digital content production; video/Zoom productions or other distribution of programs;
- Research currently available resources on other topics/issues of interest to members based on the 2017 Needs Assessment; investigate potential partnerships with resource-holders; create annotated list of resources and make available to AAAM members;
- Track budget and schedule;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in museums or cultural sector
- Minimum 1 year experience in project management
- Demonstrated skill in working with a variety of people
- Demonstrated skill in communications
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Knowledge and skill in managing digital content, video production, webinar production, use of tools and platforms such as Zoom, Jamboard or similar
- Ability to use a variety of social media
- Expert skill in Microsoft suite, Adobe, and other applications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher desirable.
How to Apply: Please email a cover letter, resume and a letter of reference to email@example.com. No phone calls please.