WASHINGTON – The Association of African American Museums (AAAM) and theHoward University School of Business (HUSB) announced the launch of their exciting new Advanced Executive Training Partnership. This groundbreaking executive education initiative is designed by HUSB Executive Education and AAAM to establish a renewed sense of mission and management excellence for Black museum leaders from across the nation.
According to Dr. Vedet Coleman-Robinson, the executive director of AAAM, who is also a Howard University alumna, “The partnership between Howard University’s School of Business and the Association of African American Museums is the first of its kind, and we are honored to be able to provide executive training to Black museum professionals through one of the world’s premier HBCUs. We have a long-standing informal relationship with Howard, as many of the professionals in our field have earned degrees from the University. We’ve continued the talent-to-the-museum-and-cultural sector pipeline through these informal relationships, and I cannot think of a better way to strengthen our ties than through this more formal and ground-breaking partnership.” READ THE FULL PRESS RELEASE HERE.
AAAM and the Howard University School of Business (HUSB) are pleased to announce the members of our inaugural cohort for the Advanced Executive Training Program. This groundbreaking executive education initiative is designed by HUSB Executive Education and AAAM to establish a renewed sense of mission and management excellence for Black museum leaders from across the nation.
WAITLIST IS NOW OPEN:
Certificate Program Details ($2,500 Value):
- Dates – TBD
- Nominal registration fee $125 for members ($2,500 Value)
- Registration fee $2,500 for non-members
- Proposed Learning Modules (review enclosed document)
- The History, Mission, and Values of AAAM
- Strategic Leadership for Non-Profit Executives
- Understanding the Non-Profit Business Case
- Capstone Project Introduction – Strategic Planning
- Strategic Fundraising for Institutional Development
- Recruiting, Coaching, and Advancing Top Talent
- Leading Multiple Generations in the Workplace
- Strategic Public Communications
- Capstone Presentation to Cohort – May 19
- Upon completion of the presentation, you will receive a AAAM & Howard University Co-Branded Certificate
- Attendance to all classes are REQUIRED
- This is a pilot program (There are limited spaces).
- -This training is part of a pilot program, and there are limited spaces. Should you not be able to register for the 2022 cohort, please add yourself to the waiting list and you will be contacted for the next cohort.
- -We understand that the training coincides with the American Alliance of Museums‘s (AAM) conference dates, for this we apologize to any members who are interested and plan to attend the AAM conference in Boston, MA. If you fall into this category, please add your name to the waiting list.
- -Since AAAM is a sponsor of the Southeastern Museums Conference (SEMC) Leadership Institute, no current SEMC Leadership participant may enroll into the AAAM/HUSB Certificate Program. Should you fall into this category, please add yourself to the waiting list.