- This event has passed.
Virtual Program: Unmasking the Realities: Racial Equity in Education
August 27, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Date and Time
Thursday, August 27, 2020 | 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Racial equity is corrective justice for communities that have suffered oppression due to a long history of legislated or institutionalized racism. Many people may not realize there is an equity problem in education because their individual experiences or biases don’t allow them to see inequity. Yet there are visible disparities in student outcomes, teacher performance, curriculum, admission practices and more linked to race.
Join us for a candid conversation with parents and educators about the impact of COVID-19 on an education system that already faces a pre-existing struggle with racial equity. Panelists include:
- Dr. Littisha Bates, Parent, Associate Dean, Teacher, Researcher and Activist, University of Cincinnati
- Shadiyah Cammack, Teacher, Chicago, IL
- Yolanda Lauderdale, Parent, Teacher, Cincinnati Public Schools
- Whitney Owens, Parent, Chief Learning Officer, Cincinnati Museum Center
- Monise Seward, Parent, Teacher, Atlanta, GA
Get updates on Facebook