Join the Association of African American Museums
Get Connected | Stay Informed
Save Money | Enhance Your Career
Why Join AAAM?
AAAM has a strong network. AAAM has an inspirational legacy.
AAAM has a compelling future. AAAM belongs to you.
The Association of African American Museums is a premier national and international network that empowers its members through advocacy, professional development, and collaboration in order to protect, preserve and interpret the art, history, and culture of the African diaspora. Based in Washington, D.C., AAAM is housed inside of the Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of African American History and Culture. AAAM serves as the principle convener of, and resource for, individuals and institutions founded by or on behalf of African descendent communities globally.
AAAM is an important organization with which to affiliate. Services provided by AAAM enhance your organizational and professional ability, reach, and impact.
The networking, learning, benefits, and service opportunities are unparalleled. You can count on AAAM.
Now is a great time to join AAAM. You'll be glad you joined.
• Quarterly electronic newsletter
• Access to a Members-Only Message Board
• Access to webinars and audio recordings
• Access to information about grants and funding opportunities
• Listings of job openings in the museum field
• Networking and training opportunities
• Eligibility for leadership opportunities in AAAM
• Eligibility to present at AAAM conference
• Voting privileges
• Categories of membership include individual, institutional, corporate, and affiliate. Members shall be persons, organizations, or entities who have interests in the objectives of AAAM. Dues are collected at any time during the year and renewals are due annually.
For additional information please contact: