MEMBERSHIP HAS ITS PRIVILEGES!
- Quarterly electronic newsletter
- Listings of job openings in the museum field
- Reduced registration for AAAM sponsored events
- Networking and training opportunities
- Membership in Standing Professional Committee
- Members discount at AAAM members institutions
- Invitation to the membership reception at the annual conference
- Eligible for AAAM exhibition award
- Eligible for AAAM committee membership
- Voting privileges
The Association of African American Museums is composed of individual members, institutional members,
corporate affiliates, and honorary members approved by the organizational
Board of Directors. The admittance and continued membership of all members and
corporate affiliates shall be subject to the approval of the Council.
- Individual members shall be persons who work in African American museums,
historical societies, cultural organizations, historic sites or others who
have interests in the objectives of the Association.
- Institutional members shall consist of: cultural organizations; historical societies and
museums which collect, preserve, and exhibit objects valuable to art, history
and science; educational institutions; and, research agencies.
- Corporate affiliates shall be organizations that meet the criteria of the Association,
and must contribute an annual amount of dues fixed by the Council.
- Honorary members and honorary councilors may be elected by the Association Council.
These members shall be persons distinguished for eminent service to the cause
of the Association of African American Museums.
Any type of AAAM membership may be withdrawn by the council for due cause and nonpayment of
dues. Due cause shall be construed to mean use of membership in the
Association to work for purposes inconsistant with aims of the Assocication as
set forth in the organizational by-laws. Dues are collected annually, based on
a calendar year beginning January 1 through December 31.
For additional information please contact:
Samuel W. Black